Tests are prioritized based on the likelihood of them failing and finding a defect. Tests are prioritized into the following buckets:
- High – Tests which are very likely to fail, initially those associated with the files being changed
- Medium – Tests that may fail, initially those that are associated with either the areas being changed or dependencies.
- Low – Tests that are unlikely to fail.
- Unassigned – Tests which we have no information on, either they have not manually been linked to any area/file/folder or they have not failed.
- Rerun – Tests that should be rerun
When selecting which tests to run the tests can either be for a single commit or for a set of commits.